Lesson 12 Healing And Quieting The Ego Mind
When your mind is noisy, that’s your ego. When you are afraid, that’s your ego. When you worry, that’s your ego. Your ego’s goal is to rob you of peace. In contrast, your higher self only brings you peace and comfort. Your higher self does not need goals. It has everything it needs. You also have everything you need when you keep your focus on your higher self.
How could you do this? We’ve discussed a number of powerful methods, such as calling on Archangel Jophiel, saying the affirmation when we are irritated, “I am willing to release that part of me which irritates me when I think of you.”
You will also tune into your higher self more easily and consistently by detoxifying your body. Chemicals affect your thought processes and emotions, and can make the ego’s voice louder and more powerful.
Sensitive Indigos and Indigo Scouts, being, often turn to addictive substances (such as food, alcohol, coffee, cigarettes and other drugs) in order to reduce their fears. They feel afraid of success or failure, so they continuously delay working on their life’s purpose. Addictions are the biggest time wasters and delay tactic that Indigos and Indigo Scouts use.
However, chemicals lead to increased levels of fear, because they reduce self-esteem and energy levels; they create feelings of guilt; and delay our life’s purpose. This makes the ego’s voice louder and more powerful, and the Indigo or Scout turns to chemicals again in a vicious cycle.
If you’ve been getting feelings that it’s time for a detox, then this week’s Lesson is an additional sign that you’re right.
When you start a process of detoxification, you should drink plenty of water. Keep a large bottle of spring water / purified / demineralized nearby at all times. It is especially effective to add a few drops of lemon juice to your water.
Eat large quantities of organic fruits and vegetables, avoiding processed foods. Avoid alcohol, coffee, nicotine, sugar, white flour and soda. Instead, enjoy organic fruit and vegetable juices or herbal tea. The methods described in this week’s assignment will help to reduce cravings.
If you suffer from any health conditions related to your diet, you may decide to check with a holistic doctor or nutritionist prior to embarking on your detox program.
Exercise for Lesson 12
- Today make a list of all the chemicals that you regularly ingest. In addition to the obvious chemicals such as alcohol or nicotine, also list chemicals contained in food and beverages (such as preservatives, additives, food coloring, caffeine and sugar).
- Decide which chemicals you feel ready to release. You must have a desire and willingness to stop using the chemical. Circle those chemicals on your list.
- The angels and Archangel Raphael (the healing angel) are always happy to support you in your release of these chemicals. Your detoxification process should not be a struggle, thanks to the miraculous power of the angels. Speak to your angels and, Raphael with the following statement: “Please help me release my cravings for … (fill in the blanks with whatever chemicals you want to stop craving). I am willing to completely release all cravings for, and attachments to, (name the chemicals) now and forever, in all directions of time. “
- While asleep, call Archangel Michael (the angel who grants us protection and frees us from fear. Say to him: “Archangel Michael, please come into my dreams tonight, and clear away any fears about remembering and moving forward on my Divine life purpose.”
- If you were completely ready to give up the chemicals, you don’t need to repeat this method. However, if you were a bit reluctant to release the chemicals, you may need to repeat Steps 1 through 4 until you truly decide that you want to be free of the cravings for chemicals.
It is also helpful to have support during a detox program, such as a trusted friend who will go on the detox with you or from a health professional who can support your efforts.