|Lesson 2 The reason we gave up our Indigo PowerAs we discussed in Lesson 1, you were born with natural gifts designed to help the world and to help you feel peaceful, prosperous and healthful. We call these gifts, “Indgo Power,” because the Indigo Children have such a powerful array of these gifts. Indigo Children (who can be any age of childhood or adulthood) are highly-sensitive people born with a wisdom that’s not of this world.So why would you give up your Indigo Power? In this lesson, we’ll explore some of the more common reasons. As you read these reasons, notice any feelings, thoughts or visions you receive which provide additional information about why you may have relinquished your gifts. Write down any internal reactions or messages you receive.Reasons include:
- Teasing and Ridicule. If you have ever been told, “You’re just too sensitive”, then you have been in the midst of people who do not appreciate the gift of sensitivity. Sensitive people, like yourself, have the ability to feel the energy of situations, people and inanimate objects. This internal radar guides you, away from harsh circumstances and relationships (this is when you listen to your intuition) and guides you towards positive and fruitful situations.
You may have also been teased or ridiculed for being weird. That’s because the thought processes of Indigos are different from the average human. Indigos think about the deeper meaning of life; how to be helpful; ways to connect with Spirit; Divine love; and the magical abilities which you unconsciously know that you have. The average human only thinks about his or her own needs. So, no wonder you’re called Weird! It’s actually a compliment, if you think about it.
- Punishment. Were you told that your childhood psychic or intuitive abilities were wrong? Did someone accuse you of being crazy or evil because you received messages from the Spirit world? Some Indigos have been placed in mental institutions, or put on psychiatric medications (including Ritalin and Prozac) by adults who were frightened by their spiritual abilities.
Science has now concluded that telepathic abilities are quite normal in humans (see Daryl Bem, PHd. of Cornell University’s studies on telepathy for more information). We are born with the ability to read minds, receive information about the future, and feel other people’s emotions. Yet, if you were punished for being a psychic child, you may have abandoned your gifts out of fear and a desire to please adult authorities like your parents, teachers or doctor.
- The Ego. In addition to external reasons why you may have dropped your Indigo Power, probably the biggest reasons are internal. Like everyone on this planet, you have an ego. The ego is that part of us which is afraid to Love. The ego believes that we exist as something separate from the Creator, as well as one another. So ego becomes afraid, feels guilty, and is defensive based on the belief that everyone is out for him/herself. The ego does not want you to remember Love and Oneness, because then it would lose power, like the Wicked Witch in the story of the Wizard of Oz. So, the ego devised all sorts of ingenious ways in which to keep you afraid of your Indigo Power, sometimes without you being aware of it. Here is a list of the ego’s favorite ways to keep you afraid. As you read this list, write down any feelings, thoughts, or visions that you receive.
- The Bigger the Purpose, the Greater the Fear. If your soul signed-up (before incarnation) to help a lot of people in your lifetime, then you will naturally feel a lot more fear. The ego wants to prevent you from removing large amounts of fear in the world, because that is the only way it can maintain its massive reign. Those with the biggest life purposes always have the most fear. They also tend to meander into addictions, including substance abuse and eating disorders. That’s because of 3.B.
- Delay Tactics. The ego always wants you to delay remembering love. The ego wants you to avoid working on your life’s purpose. The ego wants you to think that happiness is just around the corner….somewhere in the future. The ego gets you to waste your time on things like addictions, so that you won’t work on your purpose. These additions are called, “Delay Tactics” because they are designed to make sure you delay your purpose forever. Ego says “You’ll be ready for your life purpose, right after you (fill in the blank: lose weight; pay off your bills; move to a new home; open or find a healing center; get published; get a college degree; get another raise; get healthy; etc.). Though all those objectives are most welcome, Delay Tactics are only meant to remove you from your true purpose out of fear.
- Impostor Syndrome. When Joan of Arc began receiving messages from archangels and saints, she thought at first, “Why is this happening to me?” When messages directed her to save France, Joan of Arc freaked out. After all, she was an illiterate young farm girl! Thank goodness she listened to her Divine guidance and overcame her insecurities.
Your ego tries to tell you that you are not ready or qualified to help the world. What would happen if we all listened to this voice? There would be no Mother Teresa, no Mahatma Gandhi, no Martin Luther King Jr., Barack Obama and other heroes of the modern age. There is no exception, every single person feels like an impostor at times. It is important to not let this feeling stop you from re-claiming your Indigo Power and your life’s purpose.
Assignment for Lesson 2. Write down the names of everyone who ever teased, ridiculed, or punished you. To each person on the list, say (either mentally or aloud), “I am now willing to clear away my past with you. I am willing to release anything unhealthful connected to you and our relationship, leaving only the lessons and the love. I now fully claim my divine inheritance of peace, health and abundance.
In Lesson 3, we’ll discuss your life’s purpose in further detail, including ways to remember your mission.