A Message from Stefanie Miller
Indigo children are those who are believed to represent a higher state of human evolution. The term itself is a reference to the belief that such children have an indigo colored aura. The color indigo represents the chakra of the third eye, which is associated with intuition, and paranormal abilities such as seeing angels, spirits or deceased loved ones. They are highly empathic, possessing the ability to discern what others are thinking and feeling. Thus they have the ability to know when someone is being authentic, honest and truthful.
Indigo children are highly sensitive beings with a clear sense of self-definition and a strong feeling that they need to make a significant difference in the world. They are strong-willed, independent thinkers who prefer to be self-guided rather than directed by others.
They are unique in the way they see things and will not conform in order to fit into society. Indigo’s possess wisdom and a high level of awareness “beyond their years.” When you look into their eyes you can see that they are old souls, and wise ones. They can be very outspoken, speaking to an Indigo is like talking to a miniature adult of sorts!
They are often diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Dyslexia, and Learning Disabilities, they have a tendency to become unsociable when not around others of like mind.
They are also prone to depression and sleep disorders such as insomnia and persistent nightmares. Indigo’s tend to be more visual, kinesthetic learners, so remember best what they can picture in their brain and create with their hands. They are highly energetic people so movement is required to keep them better focused. They love to talk and explain things. They tend to be very animated and dramatic.They have a very difficult time sitting still unless they are doing something they find valuable.
The Indigo’s life purpose is to bring awareness that the old systems no longer work and rally for change. They possess a low tolerance for people and systems that are not authentic and authority without a good cause or reason. They become very angry, frustrated and will act out if they sense injustice.
Because they are so highly sensitive they tend to a have lot of allergies to foods, and environmental toxins, and this can cause them to become off balanced easily. Indigo’s need to learn how to maintain balance in their lives.
When surrounded by a lot of negativity, anger, loud, noisy places and things of this sort, they will become imbalanced and will absorb the negativity and begin to act out in an angry way or become very introverted and have difficulty coming out of their shell.
The characteristics and attributes of the Indigo and Crystal Child may apply to any age range . There were souls that elected to come to the planet early on to feel things out. An example would be in the 60’s when the flower children and hippies were prevalent. To a large part many of these individuals eventually chose to conform to societies standards, however, the Indigo’s of this generation aren’t as willing to comply. The challenge today is for parents, teachers, and society to rethink how things are done.
If you, as an adult or parent resonate with this information, you very well may be a parent, adolescent, young adult or adult Indigo or Crystal being. Please know that you are not alone in experiencing feelings of isolation and frustration, feeling as if you don’t belong or fit in (on this planet, in society, in your family, community, work, etc.) There are many soul and family groups coming together at this time to band in unison to re-member.
I offer advice and solutions for parents, techniques for adults, however, the real effort begins in your life and how you approach it. Connect with your higher self, listen to your heart and make the necessary changes to make living and assimilating on planet Earth a more pleasurable experience.
I meet so many people that are astonished to find out they or their child are an Indigo/Crystal child. They never knew why they felt so different from others. Allow yourself to accept your own or your child’s uniqueness and let it flourish.
It’s important to keep in mind that the Indigo, Crystal and Blue rays are highly sensitive people. By identifying your attributes and characteristics isn’t meant to label, single out or make them more important or significant than anyone else on this planet, because in truth we are all equally important and valuable. The value in identifying your origin or the origin of your child is to come to a realizations and understanding so that you can take the proper and necessary steps in caring for yourself and your children to make life more at ease and joyful.
I hope the information I offer here is of value and service to you. Take the suggestions that resonate and consider what works for you and your family.
Educator, Intuitive Energy Healer & Spiritual Counselor
Ten Attributes of the Indigo Child
The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived
written by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober
- They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
- They have a feeling of “deserving to be here,” and are surprised when others don’t share that.
- Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents “who they are.”
- They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice)
- They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them
- They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don’t require creative thought
- They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like “system busters” (nonconforming to any system)
- They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around him or her, they often turn inward; feeling like no other human understands them.
- School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
- They will not respond to “guilt” discipline (“Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did”)
- They are not shy in letting you know what they need
Other Characteristics Of The Indigo Child
adapted from: The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children written by Doreen Virtue, PhD. Hay House, 2001.
- Highly sensitive, impulsive and intuitive
- High sense of truth and integrity
- Sensitive to toxins (food, water, cleaning supplies, relationships)
- Link to ADD/ADHD
- Strong willed
- Born in 1978 or later
- Head strong
- Creative with an artistic flair for music, jewelry making, poetry, writing, art, etc.
- Prone to addictions
- An old soul, as if they are 15 going on 43
- Intuitive or psychic possible with the history of seeing angels or deceased people
- Isolationist either through aggressive acting out or through fragile introversion
- Independent and proud, even if constantly asking you for money
- Possess a deep desire to help the world in a big way
- Wavers between low self-esteem and grandiosity
- Bores easily
- Has probably been diagnosed as having ADD or ADHD
- Prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares, or difficulty/fear of fall asleep
- History of depression or suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Looks for real, deep, and lasting friendships
- Easily bonds with plants and animals
- Highly telepathic/mind reading
- Need to have a purpose and sense of meaning for what they do
- Instant creators – picture what they want in their head and get it
The Life Purpose of the Indigo Child
- To usher in the new age of peace
- Change the world as future leaders or healers/teachers/entrepreneurs
- Will lead with a higher consciousness
- Highly telepathic/intuitive (less need for verbal communication; they can read a person’s energy and get a clear understanding of what they are about, what needs to be learned, what direction to proceed.)
- Must find a meaning and purpose for what they are asked to do (rather than reinventing the wheel, they want to advance our planet.)
This list describing the traits of an Indigo Child (Lightworker for lack of a better term) was written by a young man identified as Focushog22. A Re-print from Stefanie Miller’s Website http://www.amagicalworld.com/
So these are the Indigo traits I believe to be true, and I would like to know if you have any of them….just remember that Indigo’s are born, to create lightworkers…metaphorically Indigo’s are the new world teacher, you can be taught the arts and the ways of the Indigo’s but only Indigo’s are born that way….and I am using the word Indigo now cuz the institution has exhausted all the other terms and totally alienated the experience/gift.
1. You feel ancient to the core, as though you have existed forever.
2. You are soul tired, and simply want to go ‘home’.
3. You remember what home feels like even if you can’t verbalize it.
4. You felt unique as a child, as though no one else was like you, it felt like there was them (humanity) and you. You may have even felt special or lofty regardless of your social stature.
5. From as far back as your earliest memory, your life has been littered with paranormal and psychic experiences. This may have manifested as: seeing ghosts, or other entities, seeing inte-rdimensionally or into other times, seeing beyond the illusion, reading others thoughts, dreams that came true, UFO sightings and much much more.
6. Your empathetic gifts are so strong it can almost be too much at times.
7. Your body functions differently to others. It is more finely tuned and has a habit of reacting unlike other peoples. Doctors are often stumped by you and a natural lifestyle is imperative to your good health.
8. You are very intelligent, but not necessarily interested in academics.
9. You struggle to find what you want to do with your life because nothing in this reality really intrigues you enough to be dedicated to it. A part of you remembers so much more that life here is almost banal.
10. You have trouble being in touch with your body, or its limitations frustrate you, because you remember far more freedom. Part of you feels you should be able to fly, teleport or instantaneously manifest.
11. You have known since you were very tiny that you had a purpose or a mission to fulfill, even though the details may be elusive.
12. You have an extraordinary dream life, and waking life seems dull in comparison.
13. Others are often wary of you, and you were most likely singled out as a child and bullied or ignored. Friends were and are often few and far between. People instinctually know you are different even if they don’t understand why.
14. You can read people, they don’t even necessarily have to speak, you can just feel who they are, which is why you cannot be lied to. You see beyond the facade, and that makes people uncomfortable around you.
15. Babies and small children are often drawn to you, something about you fascinates them.
16. Animals tend to trust you, and you have a natural understanding of their wants and needs, as though you can communicate on some level.
17. Conversation frustrates you because you know what the other person is going to say long before they say it. Often you appear rude in conversation, either appearing disinterested or butting in and answering the question before it is completed.
18. Some may describe you as aloof, but when they get to know you, you are actually incredibly warm and loving.
19. You have created certain protective elements to survive in society because you find being around people quite hard, even painful at times, and you can only handle large crowds of people in very brief doses.
20. You are aware that you are an inter-dimensional ascended being here to assist humanity at this time, and you may have some memories of your incarnations on this earth, leading up to this time. This knowledge is within you.
21. You have natural healing abilities, whether it be with your hands or through the comfort you give with your words.
22. You often find random strangers tell you their problems and friends seek you out for counsel, even from when you were very young.
23. You were advanced as a young child, speaking, reading, walking earlier than normal.
24. Some may have described you as a precocious child, you weren’t afraid to speak your mind.
25. You have had trouble sleeping most of your life, whether it was due to insomnia or to fears that reared their head at night. Visions you see at night don’t help the sleeplessness.
26. You have felt great despair or depression in your life, often connected to a desire to want to go home. Life here feels so very wrong.
27. You have difficulty comprehending why you would want to spend your life working at something you hate, so that you can spend all your money paying off your debts so that you can be like everyone else with the cool car and the mortgage. None of this makes any sense to you. You’d rather be poor than a slave to the system. People may view you as a drop out or lazy, but that has nothing to do with it.
28. You often feel connected to another place or time, and long for something deeper in your life.
29. You have an understanding of the divine beyond books, beyond religion, even if you can’t put it into words. Spirituality is part of you, it is inseparable and not learned but definitely built upon. You didn’t wake up to your spiritual self, because your spirituality has always been an intrinsic part of your nature.
30. You know that your origins are not human.
Written by Focushog22
Hi there, You have done an incredible job. I’ll certainly digg it and individually recommend to my friends. I’m sure they will be benefited from this website.
Thank you for your many comments. I have read them all. Please allow this reply to serve as a response to all 16 compliments you have posted through out the website. Please visit again…
I USED to feel like I wanted to “go home”…when I was a child. But that feeling went away as I integrated into this Earthly life. I don’t perpetually have that feeling. So, I don’t know what that means about me.
My son is 12 years old his father dies when he was 4 in a car accident. Ever since then I would catch Dylon in the middle of the nite talking and laughing alone in his room. He would say daddy’s here visiting me. He didn’t talk to me about seeing things from the age of 5 or 6 to age 10. When he hit 10 he will tell me about his dad coming to hang out with him . Dylon said he wasn’t scared when he saw his dad. Lately Dylon has been describing an older lady with red hair that comes to see him now. My grandmother died when Dylon was 2. She always had bright red hair (dyed it till the day she passed). At first when he told me I was shocked. Now I tell him to tell them all I said hello.
Hi.. i seem to have almost all tje traits you describe above.. but I was born in 1976.. not 78..could I still be an indigo?
Of course. I was born in 1947 and I am an early one….We are called Golden Indigos or Indigo Scouts.
Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone
during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone ..
I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow,
Thank You…hurry back.
Hi.. I just came across dis concept.. I can completly link myself with it. Bt With the exception that i m no psychic.. Though i was very terrified of dark in my childhood days n still never watch any horror movie or things like that. What does this says?
I would say this means you were a normal child with normal childhood fears.
Yeah me too. I have all the list of traits, except the psychic ability. Although I am highly intuitive oh, it’s not the same thing.
So what does that mean?
Hi, I love the way you described indigo children. I thought I was a crystal child, but some of their traits doesn’t fit into mine. In fact, I can relate to almost all of these traits for indigo children. I’m still searching for my purpose though. I sense something is coming, I just can’t exactly put it in to words. Anyway, thanks for this wonderful information. 🙂
So much of these things describe me, more or less. I’m still 14, and I have only personally experienced about 2 or 3 psychic events and those happened when I was very very young. I think I become out of tune with myself when I started school. I began watching television for 2-4 hours a day and eating lots of junk food. I don’t watch much tv anymore but I still do play video games a lot. As i’m more aware, I try to eat healthier. And what’s interesting is just yesterday I kept seeing the repeating number 4:44, once on a clock and another on a youtube video. I don’t know if that means as it only happened twice but I heard something about repeating numbers and their significance?
Anyway, thank you for all of this information, it has really helped me understand myself better. 🙂 !
You are very welcome Abby. But, I encourage you to work with a parent or other trusted adult as you go though this website. More clarity on numerology and repeating numbers can be found by checking out Doreen Virtue. Namaste, Duchess
Can anyone else who is like this hit me up please? I am genuinely an indigo child and I even googled how to save the world if you are an indigo child lol. This is crazy I was told since a child i had a third eye by a family friend who seemingly has a third eye she said I had one at a very young age i just got confused by it. I cant even explain what i go through everyday with these gifts. Sometimes i feel like ending it all because it becomes to much to bear I mean I can hardly Bear my own thoughts let alone someone everyone elses and its starting to invade my privacy because i don’t think im the only one around me with these gifts. Help me i don’t have the wisdom to this alone.
Hi Rachel, I know your pain. You have Lessons 1-28. You have a book list. And then there is Meetup.com. Start searching for like minded people around you. You didn’t say how old you are. Start with books by Louise Hay, Deepak Chopra, Eckart Tolle. Pam Grout’s E-Squared book is a gem for learning how to harness the energy that surrounds you. An old one is the Celestine Prophecy. Now that was one of my favorites.You are the only one who can comfortably feel akin to communicating with the energy that surrounds you. Say a prayer and ask your Creator (Higher Power) to guide you. You won’t be disappointed.
Real indigos know that Depak and Eckhart are New Age deceivers and money makers. You are not Indigo. Great Spirit sees you. Do not mislead people and do not ask for money!
I’m not Deepak Chopra nor am I Eckhart Tolle. Great spirit also knows my income. I can’t do Great Spirit’s work of helping people if I can’t pay my rent or buy food to eat.
Every single one of those traits fit me, #5 only having a couple dreams come true and one instance of reading someone’s thoughts. My psychic abilities haven’t developed much in 33 years, but perhaps in time or maybe they were strong when I was little and got weaker throughout my life. I’ve been aware of being an Indigo for about a decade but haven’t done much with the gift. I have truly been beaten down by this world. I genuinely thought I was here to help when I was little, but over time, I have become jaded and soul sick is the understatement of the millennium. I don’t want to help this place or the people in it anymore to put it bluntly. I just want to take care of my son and grow old and die to never incarnate again. I wish you all the best of luck though and maybe I’ll catch you and say hi before you spin the wheel again.